Learn simple strength and conditioning exercises with CSIO’s experts in S&C with CSIO!
- Lie face up on the floor, with knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Keep arms by side with palms down.
- Lift hips off the ground until knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line.
- Squeeze glutes and keep core tight while raising one knee up towards the chest.
- Slowly lower your foot to the ground and repeat with the other leg.
- Lower back to the floor in starting position.
You should feel this exercise in your glutes and hamstrings.
INFORMATION, INSTRUCTIONS AND CONTENT PROVIDED BY THE CANADIAN SPORT INSTITUTE ONTARIO AS PART OF ONLINE PROGRAMMING (SUCH AS WEBINARS, REMOTE CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS, ONLINE TRAINING AND LINKS) IS PROVIDED ON THE CONDITION THAT IT WILL NOT BE THE BASIS OF ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, OR CAUSE FOR ACTION. PARTICIPANTS ACTING ON THE INFORMATION, INSTRUCTIONS, OR CONTENT OF ONLINE PROGRAMMING (SUCH AS BY PERFORMING ACTIONS, STRETCHES, ROUTINES, OR MANEUVERS) DO SO VOLUNTARILY AND AT THEIR OWN RISK. PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THEIR PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND LOCATION IS FREE FROM HAZARDS, EQUIPMENT OR OTHER ITEM OR FACTOR THAT MAY CAUSE HARM TO THE PARTICIPANT.