Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is proud to recognize Trinity Tutti as the OHPSI Athlete of the Month. Trinity is a Team Ontario Athletics athlete who recently competed at the U20 Pan American Championships and won Gold in shot put and Silver in discus throw events.
Shortly after the U20 Pan Am Games, Trinity added more medals to her collection at the 2019 Canadian Track and Field Championships where she earned Gold in the U20 women’s discus and Gold in the U20 women’s shot put events. For the discus event, Trinity’s last throw of 56.95m was a Personal Best and broke the Canadian Record.
A few days after Nationals, Trinity travelled to Leiria, Portugal and competed in the International Throwing Meeting. She won the U20 discus throw event, with the second-best throw of her career.
Continuing her podium success, Trinity competed in the USATF Powerfest Meet and threw to a new personal best of 17.24m in the women’s shot put event. In doing so, Trinity broke a 44-year-old record set by Lucette Moreau at the 1975 Pan American Games. Her mark also ranks her second in the World among U20 Athletes.
Through the Ontario High Performance Sport Initiative (OHPSI), Trinity receives integrated support from CSIO in an array of areas, allowing Trinity and her coach, Richard Parkinson, to integrate the information into her training and competition plans. This includes physical testing to be used for benchmarking purposes and a musculoskeletal screen performed by CSIO Physiology staff. The screen will be used in combination with recommended exercises to address any current and potential issues arising from muscle imbalances/weaknesses and tightness that could lead to injury.
As an Athletics Ontario OHPSI athlete, Trinity receives information from CSIO Nutrition staff, highlighting the importance of nutrition and how it can speed recovery and improve daily performance; as well as mental performance information to help her improve her ideal performance state and identify performance blocks. Trinity also received therapy support from CSIO at the Provincial and National Championships to help ensure she was in top form to compete.
- 2019 Pan American U20 Championships - Gold at the women’s shot put event, Silver in women’s discus throw
- 2019 Canadian Track and Field Championships - Gold in U20 women’s discus, Gold in U20 women’s shot put
- 2019 USATF Powerfest - Gold in discus throw, Bronze in shot put
- 2019 International Throwing Meeting - Gold in U20 discus throw, Bronze in U20 shot put
- 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games - Gold in both discus throw and shot put events and broke the Canadian U18 shot put record
- 2017 Canada Games - Gold in discus and broke the Canadian Record, Bronze in the shot put event
Photo: Athletics Ontario