This month, The Locker Room welcomes National Team Wrestler, Braxton Papadopoulos.
A two-time Senior National Champion (2013, 2014) in her division, the Women’s 58kg, Braxton was recently nominated to Team Canada for the 2014 Commonwealth Games taking place this summer in Glasgow, Scotland. Braxton is no stranger to international competition having reached the podium as the 2013 Junior World Silver Medalist, 2012 Cadet World Bronze Medalist, and a 2013 Pan Am Championships Bronze Medalist. Braxton now looks to continue her success representing Canada at her first Commonwealth Games.
Editor’s Note: This past weekend, Braxton won Gold at the 2014 Junior Pan Am Championships and was named Most Valuable Wrestler at the competition. Congratulations Braxton!
Learn more about Braxton in her Locker Room profile:
Name: Braxton Papadopoulos
Hometown: Pickering, ON
Where do you live/train now: Toronto, ON
Team/Club: Team Impact
Twitter Handle: @braxt_rsp
1. How did you get started in your sport?
My uncle, Stan Tsongas.
2. Who has had the biggest impact on your career in sport?
My dad, Kirk Papadopoulos.
3. Do you have any superstitions?
Too many to even list!
4. What is your favourite ‘cheat’ meal?
McDonalds - anything on the menu!
5. What was the last book you read?
Mind Gym by Gary Mack
6. What is your favourite competition city?
7. What exercise do you dread the most?
8. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
A picture of my best friend and I.
9. Who would play you in a movie of your life?