CSMTA and CSIO presents
2019 Sport Event Massage for Sport Specific Health Professionals
Developed by Certified Sport Massage Therapists. Their experiences range from treating at National and International sporting events. They also have been a part of the Integrated Support Team (IST) for Provincial, National, and Professional teams. Emphasis is placed on the practical component, supported by current best practices.
Techniques learned in this course can effectively and easily be transferable in both sporting event and clinical practice.
Time and tested protocols for event massage will be explained so that participants will leave with confidence in implementing them to their athletes.
The Participants will gain:
- A competency in techniques used in sport massage:
- Compressions, cross-fibre massage, jostling, joint mobilization, effleurage and petrissage. A competency in the theory and techniques of pre-event, post-event and inter-event Sport Massage
- An effective protocol when covering an athletic event
- A quick and concise method of gathering useful information to make the Sport Massage session more efficient
- An understanding of the specific indications and contraindications for a variety of Sport Massage circumstances
- An understanding of the physiological and psychological effects of Sport Massage
- An appreciation on the value of Sport Massage Therapy’s role in the athletic environment
Course Date: Saturday September 28, 2019
Time: 8:00am Check-in. Course runs 8:30-6p.m.
Location: Canadian Sport Institute Ontario at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre 100-875 Morningside Avenue. Toronto ON M1C 0C7.
Remo Bucci RMT, Sport Massage Certification (CSMTA)
- Certified in Sport Massage since 2000, CSMTA Certification and Examination Chair since 2009, and Instructor for the CSMTA Advanced Sport Massage Course since 2010.
- Member of the High Performance Advisory Council Working Group for Own The Podium.
- Member of the IST for Swim Canada since 2014 and Cycling Canada (Indoor Track Cycling) since 2015. Supporting athletes in their daily training environment. Remo has supported athletes at the UCI 2019 World Track Cycling Championships.
- Member of Athletics Canada’s IST since 2010 where he supports athletes in their daily training environment as well as has supported athletes at: Summer Olympic game, 3 World IPC Championships, Senior and Junior IAAF World Championships, Pan Am and 2 Parapan Am Games.
- Member of the Canadian Core Medical Team, Remo has gone to: 2006 Winter Olympics, 2004 Summer Paralympics, 2003 Summer World University Games, and 2001 Summer Canada Games.
- Remo works at Canadian Sport Institute Ontario since 2014 as part of the Sport Medicine and Sport Therapy Team. Remo also works at Club Physio Plus in Oakville since 2002.
- Remo has taught Massage Therapy for 17 years. Remo focused his teaching in Treatments, Assessment, Remedial Exercise, and Anatomy. He incorporates what he has taught into his treatment sessions along with Osteopathic techniques, Active Isolated Stretching, IASTM, Cupping, Performance taping, and Thai Massage.
Mike Grastein RMT, R.Kin, CATA(C), CMRP, Sport Massage Certification (CSMTA)
- Certified in Sport Massage since 2012, CSMTA By-Laws and Policy Chair since 2014, CSMTA- Ontario Chapter Treasurer since 2018, and former CSMTA Board Member Secretary and PR Chair
- Instructor for the CSMTA Advanced Sport Massage Course since 2015.
- Certified Athletic Therapist since 1992, Registered Kinesiologist Since 2016
- CSIO casual Massage Therapist since 2015
- Massage Therapist with Swim Ontario - Current
- Former Head Therapist with Bryst International Soccer Academy 2000-2017
- Former Head Therapist with Ontario Soccer Association 1992-1994
- Host Medical Team - Athletics Para Pan Am Games 2015
- Member of the Canadian Core Medical Team for 2019 Summer FISU
- Mike divides his time between Balanced Body Breakthrough and Meridian Spine and Sport in Richmond Hill.
- Mike taught Massage Therapy for 12 years. Mike focused his teaching in Remedial Exercise, Physiology, and Anatomy. He incorporates what he teaches into his treatments plus his” finger-thumb” method and various direct and indirect myofascial techniques
Go to csmta.ca to register
Course for Sport Specific Health Professional members of RCCSS(C), SPC, CATA, CASEM. Also, non-members who are Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, and Physicians that treat athletes of all levels are welcome to attend.
Participants must bring their linen, towels, and lotion. Wear loose fitting clothing, shorts, tank tops, sports bras. Lecture notes will be sent prior to the course for prereading.
Parking: $3.00 flat rate fee
EARLY BIRD REGULAR
Deadline: Before Sept. 13th After Sept. 13th
Members: $190 $220
Non-members: $210 $240
Breakfast with Coffee and Tea will be provided
*Proof of membership to the sport specific therapy/medical association is required at time of registration by emailing the information (i.e. membership card) to email@example.com
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
All cancellations must be received 7-days prior to the course and an Admin Fee of $50.00 will be retained. Non-attendance at a course or cancellations received with less than 7-days’ notice will not be eligible for a refund