The CSIO Board of Directors has the responsibility for setting directions, establishing policy, and overseeing the activities of the organization. More specifically:
Board of Directors
- Support the mission statement.
- Read and understand the financial statements and otherwise assist the board in fulfilling its fiduciary responsibility.
- Attend board meetings and actively participate in decision-making.
- Share your area of expertise with the board and staff.
- Be an advocate for the organization; use your contacts to promote it in ways appropriate to your profession.
- Obtain various means of support for the organization, such as sponsorships, advertisers, members, exhibitors, speakers, etc.
- Fulfill the duties of care, obedience and loyalty to the organization.
- Participate in regular assessments to improve board performance.
- Participate in strategic planning activities.
- Prioritize and monitor programs and services.
- Select the President/CEO, review their performance, and provide direction if needed in accordance to the President/CEO’s job description.
- Partner with the President/CEO to accomplish the mission.
- Work to develop new leadership and recommend potential board members to the board nomination committee.
- Avoid the appearance of conflict of interest.
- Participate in the organization’s conferences and meetings.
- Read and sign in agreement the CSIO Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest forms.